Grinding and precision go hand in hand, it’s what PGI provides on state of the art OD/ID equipment equipped with lateral locators and auto sizing capabilities allowing OD tolerances to .0001”. Part sizes typically range from 1/16 to 4 inch in diameter up to 32 inch in length. Up to a 10 inches diameter swing can be accommodated.
Centerless infeed and through feed grinding on part sizes range from 1/16 to 4 inch in diameter and up to 8 inches in length are common. Requirement for roundness, straightness and cylindricity are well understood and held to strict drawing requirements.
Honing of component parts from small lot sizes to thousands of parts per week can be accomplished on our Sunnen equipment. Tolerances to .0001” are held using autosize capabilities and diamond lap processing. Typical part size ranges from just under ¼” to 2 ½” in diameter. Other sizes up to 4” can be accommodated.
Surface grinding is also available. Magnetic chuck size is 16 x 24” CNC capable for flat and contour grinding.
- CNC Toyoda’s
- 3 – GL3A-25II Angle Head Cylindrical Grinder with auto-size capabilities
- 1 – GL4P-50SII Plain Head CNC Grinder
- CNC Studer
- 1 – Studer Eco Grind with Auto Size Capabilities
- CNC Kellenberg’s
- CNC Mitsubishi
- 1 – RD23 OD Grinder with auto-size capabilities
- 1 – Okamoto IGM 15NC
- 1 – Microfinishing Tape Polishing System
- 2 – Cincinnati Cinco 15 CNC Infeed Control
- 1 – Cincinnati Cinco 15 Thrufeed with parts conveyor
- 1 – Supertec STC 10 Thurfeed (bowl feeding available)
- 1 – Palmary PC12 Thurfeed with Parts Conveyor
- 2 – EC3500 Honing Machines with auto-size capabilities
- 1 – 1803 Honing Machine
- 1 – Okamoto ACC 16×24 DXNCP
- 1 – Clausing CSG-618H